Overview for COMEDK
About COMEDK 2018
- COMEDK is a private examination held annually for entrance to Engineering, Dental and Medical colleges across Karnataka.
- It stands for Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges, Karnataka.
- COMEDK is the gateway for more than 2,00,000 students to gain admission to about 181 (14 Medical, 25 Dental and 150 Engineering) colleges.
- Courses under COMEDK include B.Tech, B.Arch, MBBS and MDS. COMEDK is also considered for some Homoeopathy, Ayurveda and Physiotherapy courses.
- The Association conducts 2 versions of COMEDK - one is the UGET (Undergraduate Entrance Test) and PGET (Postgraduate Entrance Test). The PGET test determines admissions to courses like MD, MS, MDS, MPT, M.Tech, M.Arch etc.
- The tests are conducted separately, counselling and admission procedures are also conducted separately.
- It is a state level exam which is open for candidates from all over India, who wish to join the above courses in Karnataka.
- The exam is generally conducted in the month of May after the academic term of 10+2 or equivalent courses has ended.
- COMEDK results are followed by counselling rounds and subsequent admissions for the coming term. Candidates must ensure to attend the test and all following procedures to finalise their admission in the college of their choice.
- It is tentatively held in May every year, and the rank lists will be published in June. The academic term for COMEDK courses commences in the month of August.
- COMEDK is the largest private board of examinations in Karnataka. It allows the admission of locals, people from outside Karnataka as well as foreign students.
- The COMEDK UGET exam is based on an advanced version of the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology syllabus from the 10+2 (PUC level) or equivalent qualifying examination.
- For those who seek admission to Medicine/Dentistry courses, it is also compulsory to attempt the 60-mark English section of the COMEDK exam.